Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, September 11, 2009

Embossing-Brayer tutorial

I don't have a fancy embossing machine.
All my embossing is done by hand.
I bought these Fiskars texture plates a couple of years ago,
but had a difficult time using them.
By the time I covered up the plate with the cardstock,
it was hit or miss trying to guess where the grooves were.
This last week it hit me that I could
photo copy the texture plate to give me guidelines.

Here I have taped the piece of cardstock
that I wanted to emboss to the texture plate.


I then taped the photo copy of the plate over the cardstock.




I then went over the lines with my embossing stylus.




Brayer, ink pad and acrylic block.





I inked up the brayer by rolling it over the ink pad.






I then rolled the brayer over the acrylic block.
This step makes sure that the ink on the brayer is blended.










I then rolled the brayer over the embossed cardstock,
with the raised design on top. I used light pressure when rolling.








The finished embossing-brayered cardstock.










Sample card using the embossing-brayered cardstock.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive