Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ink Spray Smash Stencil tutorial

I felt in the mood to do a tutorial today since I hadn't done one in awhile. I am going to share one of my favorite techniques combined with the use of my new Layers of Color stencil.
Supplies:
Accetate Report Folder (cut on bottom and one side)
Ink pads
Markers
Water Spray Bottle
Makeup sponge
Layers of Color Natural Flourish Stencil


First I open the report folder and add the ink by pushing the ink pad onto the accetate folder.


Here is what it looks like with several times of adding green.



I added some blue to the other side, then I took cheap markers and scribbled in the blank spaces. I added several colors of green and blue and a little yellow.







Then I sprayed a light mist of water from the spray bottle.





Then I closed the report folder and I let the colors mix. (Try not to touch the folder too much because the colors will mix and you just get one solid color.)






I carefully opened the folder again and lay it down.







I placed a piece of white cardstock onto the folder. I used medium pressure. Then I carefully lifted it up.







This is what my paper looked like when I pulled it up from the folder. I let it dry before the next step.











I placed my Layers of Color stencil over the paper and used a makeup sponge to add the ink to the paper.









I added a little bit of blue to add some shading.











Finished designer paper.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive