Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Proverbs 10:20-21

Proverbs 10:20-21 "The tongue of the righteous is as choice silver, the heart of the wicked is worth little. The lips of the righteous feed many, but fools die for lack of understanding.”

Last week I talked about being in the valley. This week I felt like I was walking through the lowest valley, I have experienced. I was away from my computer for several days so I wasn’t able to comment on a lot of cards this week. For 3 days, I helped my husband take some of our trucking equipment to auction. We had hoped that the results of the auction would help our trucking company survive. I watched the auction on-line and as one by one our trucks were auctioned off, I kept saying “Big Money” and hoping that they would sell for a lot. They didn’t.

It made me think of this song by Nicole Nordeman called Gratitude.


Daily bread, give us daily bread.

Bless our bodies, keep our children fed
Fill our cups, then fill them up again tonight
Wrap us up and warm us through
Tucked away beneath our sturdy roofs
Let us slumber safe from danger's view this time
Or maybe not, not today
Maybe You'll provide in other ways
And if that's the case . . .
We'll give thanks to You
With gratitude
A lesson learned to hunger after You
That a starry sky offers a better view if no roof is overhead And if we never taste that bread
Oh, the differences that often are between
What we want and what we really need
...But Jesus, would You please . . .


The phrase “Maybe you’ll provide in other ways” went through my head. I still have faith that God will provide, but it is hard when it is ALL on faith, no sight of what He is planning. I would like to say that as soon as I said "I trust you God" that all my problems went away and I was happy and singing and the perfect Christian woman. Instead I was still struggling to hold my ground against a wall of depression that was closing in on me. Last night, I felt like my “Perfect family” was falling apart. My kids were fighting, my husband was in the other room depressed himself and I was overwhelmed with sadness. If ever I needed encouraging words, it was last night. I spent hours crying out to God, literally. My oldest daughter came into my room, hugged me and spoke words of encouragement and hope to me. Her words were like the treasure of choice silver that I imagine Solomon was thinking about when he wrote the words to this proverb.


Grace has challenged us to make an encouragement card for someone with a touch of silver on it. The sponsor this week is My Favorite Things.


I decided to make my encouragement card in the form of a get well card. I made this one Jim, who is one of our drivers who had open heart sugery this last week. I used the 6 fold technique. The truck was from Mark's Finest Papers set called Big Boy Toys.



Check out what my Stampin' Sisters in Christ have created.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive