Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, July 25, 2011

Scrapbook Page with Mini Books to Hold Additional Photos

This is a double page layout with a Mini Book attached to accomodate more pictures. I followed the instructions here http://scrapbooking.about.com/od/pagestarterideas/ig/Mini-Book-for-Scrapbook-Pages/Mini-Book-Steps-1-4.htm
as it gives a clear explanation of how make a mini book and attach it to your scrapbook page. Everything can be cut on a paper cutter, you don't really need the Cricut or electronic cover, unless you are going to to make a lot of these. I just cut a lot of squares and strips of paper.

 One book has the word JAKE on it and the other one a  lion. Here you can see the book on the right open. You can put 8 more pictures inside the book. That is 16 additional photos in two books. I didn't have any ribbon as I am working in a hotel room The books are supposed to close with a ribbon. I will just add it later.


Also saw something new at Michaels today, and it was on sale. These 24 sheet packs of Michaels brand paper(recollections) are normally priced 4.99 but on sale this week 3 for ten dollars.  These were the baby packs as I am often making baby word books for friends to give as gifts and need some coordinating baby paper. I also bought some with tiny polka dots(like dotted swiss fabric). You might want to check it out! They are PAPER and not card stock, but it looks like it would cut fine on the Cricut or other machines as it is good quality.




Another shopping suggestion, check out Tuesday Morning. I bought these Best Occasions brand quick page pack paper for 1.99. I used it the other day to make my daughter a scrapbook from her Colorado pictures. With all the greens and blues in the background, her photos popped.I put together a beautiful scrapbook in about an hour. I just had to cut the corners of the photos to make them fit the printed frames. I added a few stickers, ribbons, and Cricut Word cutouts.


I also got this great making memories animal crachers jack page kit for 1.99. It came with 200 stickers and die cut stars. They had a box of coordinating animal cracker jack embellishments which had matching buttons, stars, and more stickers for 1.99 too. Unfortunately, my TM only had the blue color. I checked another TM and they didn't have any at all.

Oh and check out Ross...Got some other premade pages there called Frame a name papers made by K&Company for 3.99.

Sometimes I feel like making my own pages, but other times I am content to start with the premade page backgrounds and just add onto them. They are not just printed, but elements are embossed to make them look 3-d, just as if you had glued the layers on.



Hope you can find some great things too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive