Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Paper Christmas Ornaments

Yesterday at Tuesday Morning I picked up this book of paper ornaments. It makes 88 ornaments. I figured I could use it to make some svg patterns we could cut.  At 3.99 you might want to just go and buy a copy of your own. You just punch out the ornaments and assemble them. They are quite nice. I plan to use them for the girls at the Pace school where I volunteer. When I cut things on the cricut, I always have a hard time keeping all the little pieces together. This way I can give each of them a page and they can make the 3 ornaments on the page. I will bring some bling and ribbon they can use to enhance their projects.
 Here is one ornament I made from the kit yesterday. It is a rosette, but made in a shape with holes cut in it.

 Here is one I cut in the hotel making my own similar pattern which I will give to you here.
I found it easier to fold the larger folds first(every other fold) so that the circles lined up. Then I  went back and folded each petal with the circle in it, in half. The ones in the kit have fold lines which made it easier to fold. You could cut fold lines but it would take forever. If you have a score board, you could make the score lines.  Use paper, not card stock, or it will be too thick to fold. Once folded, attach the two strips into one. Flatten, curving into a circle, so that the centers of the petals are compressed and touching, while the outer edges fan out. I put a bunch of glue in the middle and quickly put on a center, then held it for a few minutes flat against the table. Maybe someone has a secret for securing these quickly. THe book says to staple it, wasn't sure what IT was and didn't have a stapler.


 

Pattern for this rosette:

From the book


from my svg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive