Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, December 13, 2010

Birthday card for Dot

Posted by Picasa


This card took me most of the day to make because I wanted it to be a very special card. I made it for one of my former employees, named Dot. I knew her health was not the greatest, but I had no idea how sick she was. Today she quit because she is going home to die. She told one of my other employees that her organs are shutting down and she only has a very short time left. Her birthday is this Saturday. This will probably be one of the last cards she will ever recieve. I've been so close to tears all day. I W.I.S.H.ed the background and sponged the vine. I used my Layers of Color stencil for that. I had started quilling these flowers last night. This porcelain paper butterfly (from Layers of color -flutterescent set) had been sitting on my desk for weeks. I decided to add beads and wrap his wings with gold wire. I added stitching around the edges and gold brads in the corners. I used the Happy Birthday Sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers Take a Peek set. Just last week I was talking with Dot and showing her Splitcoast and we spent a long time talking about stamping, and the cards that I make. I hope she will feel all the love that went into making this card. I plan to print out the lyrics for Ordinary Miracle to put on the inside. This card is also for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge to make a card to encourage someone. I don't usually put birthday cards in that category, but this time I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive