Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, August 15, 2011

With Sympathy

When I made this card I really wanted to have a cross on the front. A template would have been an excellent help but I just hand drew it and cut it out as I was keen to keep going to get the result I had imagined and visualised in my head. I love the metal brad I used with the flower it really anchored the card design. An extra layer of darker ribbon subtly popped the soft lace detail trim at the bottom edge of the card. I made my own Shabby Chic designer paper  which I distressed and have included a detail description so you can also have a go. I inked all the edges in Denim Adirondack Ink with a Stamp It Sponging Block to complete my distressed look.

Cards August 2011 005

Shabby Chic Designer Paper Technique

  • I chose some designer paper and clear embossed (wet) some swirls and curls, always use your anti-static bag over your paper before embossing.
  • Then brushed over some white gesso paint when almost dry, removed paint off embossed area. Then waited for all this to dry.
  • Protect your ironing board with a heat proof sheet like the Tim Holtz one.When paint is finally dry, place a sheet(or a few) of brown paper (not newspaper) over your designer paper and iron off the clear embossing until it vanishes, absorbed into a few layers of the brown paper. Best to use a sheet of baking paper as the top layer before you begin to iron as this will protect your iron base from any potential mess.
  • It leaves this amazing effect as you can see by my close up.

Cards August 2011 006

Cards August 2011 007

Challenges this card qualifies for:

Have a great week

Trish Munro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive