Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Making an Apeture Card in Scal 2.4

I succeeded in creating a project right in Sure Cuts A Lot 2.004 the other day, and thought others might be interested. I wanted to create a simple card with the words thank you or Happy Birthday connected to a window on he front of a card. I couldn'g get the text to weld and cut within the rectangle I drew first, but I was able to get it to work by making 5 rectangles that are welded to create the card and the rectangle surrounding the text.

See the picture below:



When you open the scut file, you will see the rectangles I am talking about. One is the top 2/3 of the card above the text. Another rectangle is between the two words. The third forms the bottom of the card below the text. Two more rectangular strips are on the right and left of the text aperture. Weld has been selected all the text AND all the rectangles. Here is how it will cut:



This makes a simple card.



Here are the scut files:

Happy Birthday
http://www.mediafire.com/?jm5otnnwmj4

Thank You
http://www.mediafire.com/?m3nnlqcgx3z

I think I used the font dfkai-sb if you need to know that to use the file.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive