Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I come to the Garden...

I come to the garden alone... and he walks with me and he talks with me and he tells me, I am his own. And the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known.
As a little girl I remember my mom and dad and aunt and uncle singing this hymn in 4 part harmony. I love gardens, even though I'm not a very good gardener. One thing I do know is that gardens just don't happen, they have to have a lot of work put into them. I have been following the caring bridge journal of a mom, who just recently had her little angel leave this world because of cancer. Today the little girl would have been 5. The mother shared that she has seed of peace that God has placed in her heart that she has to cultivate each day. It made me think that we are co-gardeners with God. He has planted the seed of peace in our hearts. We need to cultivate it, but it is God who is going to make it grow. When the work is complete, God is going to have a beautiful garden of peace.

Those were the thoughts that I was thinking as I made this garden card. I used some of my favorite stamps. My brushed florals and my layers of color butterfly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive