Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, April 12, 2010

PEACE, PEACE

I learned today that when a word was repeated in Hebrew, it meant the perfect form of that word, so PEACE PEACE would be translated to English PERFECT PEACE. This is for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week to make a card about peace or prayer. The old hymn, Peace, Perfect Peace came to my mind. It was inspired by a sermon that Edward Henry Bickersteth heard in the summer of 1875. The sermon was on Isaiah 26:3. He was reading that verse to a dying family member and wrote the words. All of the words of this hymn are encouraging, but my favorite is verse 5 that says..."Peace, perfect peace, our future all unknown, Jesus, we know, and He is on the throne." To me that is what peace is. I may not know what tomorrow holds, but I know who holds tomorrow.

The SCS Technique lovers challenge was to incorporate a bookmark into our cards. Here is a close up of the front of my bookmark.

Here is a back side view of the bookmark.

Here is a picture of the card. There is a slit cut on the left hand side to make a pocket for the bookmark to slide into.


Here is the card and bookmark together.




I used my little Layers of color, digital bird image. I just love this little bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive