Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Magnolia Singing Tilda

Anita's 11th Birthday October 2011 057

Anita's 11th Birthday October 2011 059

I really enjoyed making this card for my daughters birthday,she loves to sing and my girlfriend Vicki Fraser bought this Magnolia Tilda Singing stamp for me so I could make my darling daughter the perfect birthday card. I paper pieced Singing Tilda to get the dress just the right colour and shaped it to give it a slight curve using my flower tool, before gluing into position.  I chose a designer paper that my wonderful friend Frances from Stamp Owl gave me for Tilda’s dress to match the dress my daughter wears on stage that shimmers and sparkles. I used a purple gel pen and highlighted with Ice Stickles Glitter Glue to finish.I wanted to use some shading behind and used my Spellbinder Circle as a mask to get the white edge effect with my Sponging Block and Colorbox Chalk Ink. Then I used the Tim Holtz Alterations Carnivale to personalise the card and add her age using some new Glitter Cardstock. I wanted an unusual shape card  and placed Tilda looking down from the top of the card like my daughter does when she’s on stage.

Challenges this card qualifies for:

Trish Munro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive