Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge 124

Sunday and another wonderful scripture picked by one of my wonderful friends and sister in Christ, Linda. The scripture she choose is: Phillipians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

What a wonderful challenge. I know that I am not alone in struggling with my thought life.The following scripture is what came to my mind when I read the other one.
2 Corinthians 10:5 casting down imaginations, and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ

Lord, help me to take my thoughts and make them obedient to Christ, and to what you would will in my life. So that you will get the glory and I will be blessed. In Jesus's name amen!

Linda's challenge for us was to: Create a card/project true to your style - show us who you really are!

That was a challenge in and of itself. How would I describe my style? At first I thought I could describe my style as "Romantic, shabby, elegant, vintage, and a little off the wall". But that didn't seem to work, so I would describe my style as "Complicated Creative" But how to make a card that shows that? I choose to make my card with blues and greens my favorite color. It started out as white and I ink spray smashed the blues and greens and sprayed with with antique gold paint spray (My favorite technique). The I embossed it using my music embossing folder, because music is a big part of my life. I play piano and keyboard and sing on the worship team at my church. I added the lace because I love the vintage look. I love flowers, so I had to add the flowers. I added the 3-d paper tole rose because, I am going to share a tutorial on how I do paper tole. My friend Mary asked me about it this week and I thought showing her would help. I am also sharing because I am a teacher at heart. That is what my college degree is in, Elementary Education. So much description for one little card. Thanks for reading through it all. :)










My tutorial:








Our sponsor this week is: Inspired Stamps They are generously giving one blessed winner $15 store credit. Be sure to check them out this week.












Check out what my Stampin' Sisters in Christ have created for your inspiration:






Kristine
Linda
Miesje
Peggysue
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive