Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Why I am not done with my tower.

The picture will tell it all.


Yes. I was building a little fishing pond in front of the greenhouse and near the restaurant-in-progress, because I thought hey, I can catch the fish then put them directly into the kitchen. Easy, right? Wrong. A creeper spawned there because of..just a guess..a lack of torches. He did manage to miss part of my road, but blew up the back end of my kitchen and a little bit of the front of my greenhouse. Sigh...so obviously I wasn't able to finish my tower today like I had hoped. I do have my little pond finished though! I have yet to catch a fish in Minecraft, but hopefully I will start soon. You know, making that pond was such an ORDEAL. I had no idea that the water has to be placed in a certain order for it to even out. I had water going every way for a long time until my wonderful boyfriend told me what I was doing wrong. Now the water is nice and smoooooth for the fish! If you are wanting to build a pond and don't know how, this is the way he told me.


  1. Dig out a 1 block deep area in which you want to build your pond. It can be as long as you want and as wide as you want, just make sure the depth is only one block.
  2. Start at one corner and dump a bucket of water in.
  3. Go to the opposing corner on the same side and dump another bucket in.
  4. Continue along the edges between where the two corners have the highest amount of water until it all evens out.
  5. Continue along the rest of the edges until all the water is smooth.
  6. Go under water and dig down one more block deep. Two blocks deep is enough for fish to come. I was originally going to go three down but learned that two does the trick!
Also, if you don't know how to make a fishing rod, it takes 3 sticks and 2 pieces of string. put a stick in the bottom left corner, middle, and top right. Then on the right side, put the two pieces of string in the right-middle and bottom right corner.

To fish, right click to cast the fishing pole. Make sure the bobber (I'm not sure what they're really called, that's just what we call them down south) is slightly above the water, with the hook in the water. You'll see it start to bob up and down and you'll see splashing. Right click again to reel it in and you may have a fish on it!

Hope this helps y'all out as much as it helped me! Oh, and here's a picture of the new fishing pond!

Fishing pond! Ignore the chunks missing out of the surrounding buildings. Those will be patched up accordingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive