Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Aleene's Burned Paper Bag Leaves Tutorial

It has been a long time since I did a tutorial. I thought I would share with you how burned paper bag technique looks. I remember doing burned paper bag technique more than 20 years ago. I used a candle to heat the glue then. Now I use my heat gun and it goes a lot quicker and makes less mess.

Start with putting a puddle of Aleene's Tacky Glue, onto the paper bag.

I use a scrap piece of cardstock to smear the glue in a thin layer



I take my heat gun and I heat the glue. It will bubble and pop. I heat it until the glue is transparent.


When it cools it looks like this. It is shiny and has texture. It feels a little like leather.




Using black stazon ink, I stamped the leaf over the layer of dried glue. I used the leaf from Mark's Finest Papers set called AUTUMN GLORY.


To add color to my leaves, I took an acetate report folder and I scribbled with "Fall" colored markers onto the folder.



I dipped my paint brush into water and picked up color from the scribbled markers.



I then painted over the glue. Since I was going to cut the leaves out, I wasn't very careful about painting in the lines. I just put down the color.

This is how the leaves look when the leaves are dry.


I cut the leaves out.




I shaped the cut out leaves by folding the leaf in half lengthwise.




I further shaped the leaf by folding the sides backwards.









Here is the card that I made with these burned paper bag leaves.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive