Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thankful for color


This card is a double duty card. It is for Mothermarks Teapot Challenge and for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ #10 Challenge.
Cindy's story started with Mr. and Mrs. Blacken White living in a colorless world. Everything in their home is either black or white. Mr. White lets his wife put 2 pumpkins outside their house each fall, but that isn't enough color for Mrs. White. We were challenged to make a colorful card. I tried to see how many different colored inks I could use. I started with all white cardstock and black cardstock. I used these Martha Stewart inks: sea lavender, ocean, dusk blue, leaf bud, stem green, dandelion, blue sky, lilac, mandarin orange, red chrysanthemum, pink geranium, and pink dahlia. I also used Adirondack wildflower and Black Stazon. I used the retiform technique. My butterflies and top flower are on dimensionals. I used a computer to print my scripture, and finished it off wtih little black brads in the corners.
The Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge was to make a card that expresses your thankfulness for someone or something they have done, or that encourages someone to be thankful. I have a friend at Church who is going through a really tough time. She has been a stay at home mom and her husband has been out of work for a couple of months. She has a teenaged son who is struggling with debilitating headaches, and she herself is dealing with a lot of health issues. I hope that this card will encourage her. It reminded me that if I want to stay in God's will, I need to have a thankful heart, not a complaining or whining attitude. I dislike it when my kids complain. I wonder how much God dislikes it when I complain.
I know Mrs. Blacken White is fictional, but if I were in her postition, I know it would be so easy to to fall into the temptation of complaining. I can even hear my voice saying...This isn't fair, I love colors. Everyone else gets colors. I am missing out.... It would be so easy to have the wrong perspective. I bet if I were to look out the window I would see lots of colors. Blue sky, Green grass, Red cardinals, Purple flowers, ORANGE pumpkins, Yellow Leaves... When I look for God's blessings, I always find them. THANK YOU GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive