Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, July 19, 2010

Card Making...With a Little Help from my Cricut

I am involved with a charity in Jacksonville which has monthly meetings where the community is invited to help us make cards which are packaged in boxes of six and distributed to the case workers at various community centers. THe cards can be use to comfort and console the clients or jot a quick note to an associate. Last Tuesday we had helpers of all ages(from 5-60) and made 88 cards in 1 1/2 hours. Of course, we had precut and prepackaged everything for easy assembly. I will try to get a photo of all the cards from the event hostess. The high heel shoe shown on the previous post was one of the most popular to make. We also had one that had a strawberry which they got to embellish with crystals , and use a stamp to add a message that they really liked too. IF ANYONE HAS A STASH OF CARDS MADE UP AND NO USE FOR THEM, WE"D LOVE TO HAVE THEM! email me at dhoffman@spacey.net.


 Most of the cutting was done on the Cricut, using Sure Cuts A Lot.

These are some of the cards I am making for next month.

Since I am cutting out more than one card, these are set up to cut 7 cards(with 8 of some things, just in case one rips when cutting or gets lost...you know how that is!).

You can use any stamp you have to add your own message.


I named the file six but it makes seven, eight of some things. IT depends on what would fit on a single 12x12 piece of card stock. It takes 3 cuts on the Cricut, with 3 different card stocks.Page 1, first cut, is the solid rectangle shown above. Two sided gives you more options. To get to the second and third pages of cuts, increment the x coordinate by -12(so -12 for second page(the stars and circles), -24 for third page which was solid brown in my photo) A 4th cardstock is used to get the background of the card, I used my paper trimmer to cut 3.75 x 5.0 rectangles from cardstock. It was easier and more efficient use of my card stock doing that part by hand. These card fronts are sized to fit on 5.5x4.25 cards made by cutting an 8.5 x 11 piece of cardstock in half.

This one is similar but has hearts and a heart border.



I embossed hearts on the top rectangle, just to add some texture.


Using double sided paper, means you can get many different looking cards from the same cuts. Just intermix the different sides of the coordinating card stock. This came from a Martha Stewart pack for baby boys which I got for 40% off clearance price once. I knew I would use it some day! It sure cuts nicely on the Cricut!

http://www.mediafire.com/?uyresljczh43azr


Enjoy!

Here are some other cards in the making.
The basket came from Ducky Designs.
 Here is the link.Ducky Designs free basket

The images are from House-Mouse stamps at http://www.house-mouse.com/.

Sign up for the "Daily Squ-eek" to get some free images of your own. I added the sentiments in inkscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive