Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Votive holder


The Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week was to make a votive holder. I made one to match my card that I made for the SCS sketch challenge. This last weekend, we had a storm come through our town that knocked out our electricity. It was a good reminder to be thankful for the little things that we take for granted. We spent some time in the evening at my office so that we could fix dinner and the kids played on the computer, but when it was time to go home, my youngest son, Kaleb was a little apprehensive because he was wondering how we would see in our house to be able to get ready for bed. To go into our house I used the light from my i-pod screen. Not a very bright light under normal circumstances, but in the total darkness we were able to see our way around. There are times that I feel like that little light, not very bright or strong, but all that God asks is that I let Him shine through me and that will be sufficient.
So that light would shine through the panels, I paper pierced them. I used a piece of toilet paper that had an embossed swirl as my template. What can I say, I get my inspiration in weird places. I used my Layers of Color butterflies. Some I left whole and two I cut in half and layered on top of eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive