Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, January 21, 2011

The Great Fire of 2011




We decided to let my fellow goat friend Anderson make his home near ours. I didn't think much about it. He seemed enamored by the goat house I had built and wanted to build near our growing farm. It was a really nice area. It had a wheat and sugar cane farm. It had a sugar cane farm. It had a large forest next to it. I could understand why he would want to make our home his own as well.



The main farmhouse

The brick houses in progress



I was in the middle of mining for diamond and Amy was probably making final touches to the brick houses when something similar to the following conversation happened over ventrilo.

Anderson : "I think I'm going to burn these trees to clear out some space."
Sammy : "Please if you do, keep the fire under control."
Anderson : "Yeah, I will."

Amy : "He's already been doing it to a few places."
Anderson : "Yeah, I'm going to do it."

I continued with my mining, nearly mining a diamond pickaxe down to it's nub. Amy went afk and Anderson saved her by from nightfall by burying her into a hole.

Suddenly...

Anderson : "Oh sh**. Oh sh**!"

Sammy : "What's going on?"
Anderson : "Oh sh**. You better check this out!"
I came out of my mine, not expecting to see what I saw next.



Fire. Fire everywhere.

What the flying hell? There was fire. Fire everywhere. Miles and miles of trees catching on fire. Nighttime but not enough darkness for anything to spawn.

Farm animals were being burned to death as their natural habitat was destroyed.



I asked what had happened. Apparently, he had set the corner of a tree on fire and it spread into this. I looked around and then I saw it. The fire was going to spread to the farmhouse!!! I yelled into Ventrilo and Anderson noticed it too. Luckily, we had enough time to chop down the trees and leaves near the farmhouse.

Amy came back and announced that she had been ordering pizza. She then proceeded to ask why she was in a hole. We told her why, but also added don't come up. "Too late," she proclaimed her southern country twang. She went on about going to do something in game. And then she turned around.

"WWWHHHHHHHHATTTTTTT?"

We explained to her what happened. Somehow we managed to recruit the help of the other people in the server to put out the fire. We spent about 3-4 whole Minecraft days and some nights fixing this mess. So much for getting my history assignment out of the way.

We finally got rid of most of the fires. We holed ourselves up into the farmhouse that night and tried to store all our newly received wood and recover lost items. Suddenly, we heard the noise of an angry spider.


All three of us peered out the window.


The monsters were angry! They wanted revenge for their lost homes! Down below us were about 4 creepers, 3 spiders and a cow. That's when our dear friend, Aster, stepped in and saved the day. She managed to lure the creepers away from us and when day came, all was well.

TLDR version : I spent most of tonight laughing my arse off and putting out a forest fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive