Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Is That Sheep Green?

HUGE blog post today! I even wrote a short list of everything I wanted to talk about so that I wouldn't leave anything out. I'll start with the boring parts first.

Building Update
As you know, I've been working on a couple of different buildings. I finally finished both the cafe and the guest house. Here are a couple of pictures to show off the finished products.


The guest house, complete with a stove, crafting table, chest for overnight storage, a bookcase, and a bed! Also some dim lit redstone torches hang on the wall to make sure the guest gets a good night's sleep!


Outside of the cafe. The sign says "Aymi's Cafe - Fresh Bread & Cake." Do you like my window decoration? I thought it looked too..wooden, outside. So I added the colored wool to change it up a little bit.


The view from the kitchen. Booth area with the family size table.


A look at the artwork on the front door. The green patch of grass in front of the door HAS been filled in with another piece of orange wool.


View of the cake bar with the "bar" seats. 


The overall view from the door. I'm not sure why that stove keeps turning that way, but oh well.

That's pretty much it for the building updates. Still trying to find a good spot for my log cabin so I can build it.

Creeper Update
The creepers were MAD yesterday. I don't know what I did, really. Well sure I do, I existed. There were two creepers running around the farm and it just so happens I had my sound turned down enough so that I didn't hear the SSSSS. Joke's on me. The first one took out the back left corner of the newly completed guest house. Luckily I had extra bricks, otherwise I would've cried as clay is a pretty scarce building material. The second one took out our teleport to the spawn point AND our address pad. That was a pain because I've just recently learned how to make these. But Jeff was around so he helped me fix them quickly! 


The damage. To the right you can kind of see the teleporter creeper hole too. Thank goodness dirt isn't hard to find, right?

Wheat Alert
I'm not sure if everyone knows this yet, I know I didn't, but if you don't watch your wheat fields carefully, they will eventually disappear if you don't harvest them. I found this out the hard way when Sammy and I were taking our minibreak from Minecraft. When we left, there were 3 double rows of wheat full, and some extra seeds. Yesterday, there was enough to make one double row. Biiig difference, especially when you supply a lot of the wheat to newcomers to the server!! Only got to make 6 loaves of bread with that, which doesn't last very long.


What was left of the wheat field..sad, sad day. Remember to harvest wheat in a timely manner!

Trish's House
Yesterday and this morning, I got the privilege of being able to play at Trish's house. Yes, play. Trish's house has a huge waterfall going down the side of it. It makes for some excellent entertainment when you're tired of..oh..getting hit by creepers, losing your wheat fields, etc! I'm glad Trish decided to relocate. Her new house is pretty awesome. She made it out of stone slabs, which gives it a really unique look compared to the rest of the houses in our server. I had never even seen stacked slabs until yesterday! Here are a couple of pictures so you can witness the awesome.


The front view of her house. She is our main supplier of sugarcane now if you can't tell.


The top of the waterfall/slide. I love the lit pumpkins, it gives it sort of a creepy/cool feel.


The water slide in all it's glory. Trish asked me to come over and "jump off her roof." I didn't realize it was going to be this much fun!

I ended up making a teleport behind my other ones to come directly to Trish's when I need sugarcane or some stress relief! It's being used a lot.

Google Map?
Vapor figured out a really cool "thing" yesterday. A google map of Minecraft worlds!! So Jeff set us up one, you can check it out here. 


If you look in the very middle of our little land, you can see my red barn! I was very excited about that! Check it out any time to see our progress. I also took a sky view picture of the farm to compare it, and I'm going to show you guys just because I think it looks neat.


Our farm! It's really coming together nicely.

How to Dye Sheep
So apparently, I'm the last one in on this little tip. But hopefully some of you can benefit from it also! Jake told me a little bit ago that you can throw dye at sheep and have a better chance at getting more colored wool!! I had no idea and never even THOUGHT to try it. As you guys can probably see from some of our house pictures, I'm all about some colored wool. That barn was made 1 dye per block, afterall. So this definitely excited me. I had a little competition between 4 colors: pink, blue, green, and orange. Here is the ranking!


Tied for 3rd were orange and pink, still giving me one wool each.



Hi to you too!


Second place was Mr. Green sheep, who gave me two pieces! I thought he looked the coolest, and almost felt bad for punching him.


The blue sheep wins! He gave me three pieces of light blue wool, which I absolutely will use.

That's it for now. Hope you guys enjoyed this update, and hopefully some of the advice will help you out. Have fun in Minecraft!! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive