Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Apple blossoms for Spring




I saw this apple blossom tutorial the other day and knew I had to give these adorable flowers a try. I couldn't find crinoline like Linda used. I tried but my fabric store had none. I did buy some tulle. (I got 1/8th of a yard -$0.14 worth) When the lady went to cut the tulle, the edge was uneven so she cut it off and threw it in the trash can by the cutting table. It was a strip about 1 1/2 inches wide. All I could think of was that I could get several flowers out of it. So I asked her since she had thrown it away if I could have it. My kids rolled their eyes and were so embarrassed. They harrassed me all the way home from the store about the trash tulle. I have made 9 flowers and still haven't used up the trash tulle. I decided to use it up first before I started on the other tulle.

How my apple blossoms differ from Linda's is that I don't have crinoline, so I substituted what I had on hand. These flowers each have a layer of lace, typing paper, coffee filter, paper towel, tulle and cardstock.

This is for the sketch challenge at SCS. The dp was some I got on Saturday. It is from a K & Company pack. The bees and sentiments are from a Mark's Finest Papers set called HAPPY PANSIES. I stamped the bees on the card and colored them in with a yellow prisma colored pencil. I also stamped bees on the inside of the card as well as on the envelope. This is one of the first cards in a long time that I haven't sewn on. My daughter took my sewing machine last night to alter costumes for a muscial that she is in. My sacrifice for her art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive