Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Shamrock Treat Boxes...reposted

One of my friends said the nurses are having a bake sale at the hospital on St. Patrick's Day. She asked if I could make some things to make her sale extra special.











I suggested these cupcake boxes and treat boxes. I said, a plain cupcake sells for fifty cents, but one in a festive box, 1.50!
I used some St. Patrick's day coordinating paper I have around the craft room ,and mixed the lids and bases for variety. These do require glue and I found some Super Tacky Alen's glue, perfect for getting the box sides to adhere quickly.
The shamrock cut in the top, provides a view of the beautiful cupcake inside.























The next treat box is easy to cut and asemble, as no glue is required. It is held together by the slits on the two ends, through which the box adornment is pushed.

These would be great for a brownie, two cookies, or an assortment of candy.












The Cancer Ribbon makes this a nice thing to decorate your seats at your next meeting and provide a little "thank you" to your workers. Fill this up with something special and they will be grateful to you for the nice gesture.







I almost forgot to include the files:


Shamrock Cupcake Box svg
http://www.mediafire.com/?ryyowwmgt2i
Shamrock Treat Box

shamrock_box.svg

http://www.mediafire.com/?h2zwhnm1onc
Cancer Ribbon Treat Box

Breast_cancer_box.svg
http://www.mediafire.com/?u1mxnijjdmz


Basically you can change that treat box to have any shape as long as it will fit through the slot and lock the box.


UPDATE: AFTER MAKING SOME OF THESE BOXES, I DECIDED IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE AN INSERT WITH A HOLE IN IT THAT WOULD HOLD YOUR CUPCAKE STRAIGHT IN THE BOX. WHEN I MADE IT, AND PUT IT IN THE BOX, IT LOOKED GREAT, BUT I DECIDED THAT THE BOX MIGHT NOT BE BIG ENOUGH FOR THE BAKERY CUPCAKES WITH ALL THEIR ICING ON THE TOP. I'M SURE IT IS FINE FOR THE KIND YOU MAKE AT HOME, WHERE THE MUFFIN TINS SEEM TO BE SMALLER.


I DECIDED IT JUST WASN'T POSSIBLE TO MAKE A BIG ENOUGH BOX OUT OF A SINGLE 12X12 PIECE OF PAPER, SO I SEPARATED THE BOX BASE FROM THE LID AND INSERT. YOU CAN CUT TWO LIDS AND INSERTS FROM A 12X12 PAPER. THIS MAKES THE BOX ABOUT 2.5 INCHES TALL AND 3.5 INCHES SQUARE. THE FIRST FILE I COULD ONLY GET 2 INCHES TALL BY 3 INCHES SQUARE, AND GET IT TO CUT FROM 12X12 SHEET OF PAPER. I THINK YOU WOULD HAVE ROOM TO CUT OUT A CUPCAKE WRAPPER AT THE SAME TIME AS THE CUPCAKE BASE THOUGH.

NEW FILE:(YOU MAY NEED TO FIX FILE NAME, i TRIED BUT MEDIAFIRE WOULDN'T UPLOAD FILE AGAIN)

shamrock_upcake_box. with insert_base_only.svg
http://www.mediafire.com/?hmjodgmzy0t

shamrock_upcake_box. with insert_lid_and_insert.svg

http://www.mediafire.com/?nwnz2jm2qtz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive