Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, March 18, 2011

Fairy Cut Font

I've spent the week creating this Fairy Cuts font. I wanted a font that I could cut on my cricut that had fairies in it. When I couldn't find one, I decided to make my own. I made each letter with a fairy attached, then a separate fairy so you can cut it out in contrsting colors. This font would make a nice display in vinyl on a child's room wall. You can see I used it to make a scrapbook page here, featuring the Disney Fairies in photos with my niece, Lacey. You can double click on the photo to see it in more detail.



By the way, the little fairy accents came from Dollar Tree. Of course, when I went back they didn't have any more, even though I got them recently. You might check at your local Dollar Tree just in case. They were with the craft supplies, not the paper and teacher items.

I decided to put this font up for sale, with all proceeds going to the school where I volunteer.It is a school run by the justice department and the public school system for troubled and at risk teens. I will use the money to buy scrapping and other art supplies. For example, we once made t shirts with iron ons and fabric paint. The groups I work with keep changing, so the new group of girls would like to do that project too. No money to buy t shirts, unless I pay for them! I also bought them all scrapbooks recently. When this group moves on, I will have to buy the next group a set of scrapbooks too. It is really good therapy for the girls to do these art projects.  They really seem to enjoy it and I enjoy seeing them grow and become more relaxed each time we meet. We have made cards, 3 d items like the haunted house, shoes and pursed. We are now working on scrapbooks, and have done numerouse cards. A couple of times my group helped with favors for one of the fundraising activities.

If we could get some money, I could set up a crafting center at the school, so other teachers could use the supplies with their group, to make cards, etc. I could leave some stamp pads, stamps, and paper, markers etc as a resource for them all to share.

Anyway, I think this is a great font. Since it is a font, it will be easy for you to use. Just INSTALL or open the font before opening your application. Then you can use it like any other font. Just type in the letter of the alphabet. Lower case letters get you the letter and the fairy connected. The upper case letter gets you just the fairy. On a printed project you can just type the word in twice(once in upper case and once in lower case) and then overlap the two words(Easy to do in inkscape, harder in a word processing program!!).



By the way, if you have some excess supplies, I welcome donations. Someone recently contacted me who was cleaning out their craft room, and asked if she could send me her extra stuff, I said SURE! Sometimes we move on from one craft like stamping to another one like scrapbooking and then to digital scrapbooking and end up with stuff we don't need. You can email me at dhoffman@spacey.net for more information.

If you take svg files from my blog all the time, but never found any thing you needed to buy and would like to make a donation, that would be great!








See Items for sale on the right for the link to buy the Fairy Cuts font. Thanks so much.

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive