Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, April 25, 2011

How to install an HD (High Definition) texture pack

I recently found a texture pack I just love!

It makes Apvia look very steampunk and I'm going to start designing around that look.


The first two pictures are of the new Abby terminal 1. It's just a faster way to get to the station.

The only thing that I don't like are the pictures but because it's licensed under Creative Commons I'm pretty sure I can rip them out and put my own in; which I'm going to do shortly. Instead of being decorative I'm going to make them utilitarian for an 1800's technology feel.



How To:

Exit minecraft altogether. You should even back your files up just in case. I do this by copying and pasting in the same folder so I have a minecraft copy.jar. Windows appends the (copy) automatically.

The next step is to patch the minecraft.jar file which you do with the MC HD Patcher.

It's super easy: just download and execute. It does all the heavy lifting.

So the theme I'm using is the very popular [64x][1.5_01] Ovo's Rustic Pack v0.7.

Download it and place the .zip file in C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\texturepacks\


Don't extract it. Just place the .zip file in the folder.

If you can't find the AppData folder it's because you have the "Don't Show Hidden Files and Folders" option on. Go to Control Panel, select Folder Options and turn the option off. It's a good idea to turn the option back on again when you're done.



Fire up minecraft and click on Mods and Texture Packs


Select the texture and you're good to go!


I want to thank the people that made this texture pack and the hd patcher.

Also: thanks to everyone that follows this blog and makes comments. I really appreciate the feedback and support.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive