Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, December 19, 2011

Secret Box..links to file added

Here is a great tutorial on how to make a secret box. It was written by Heather Perreaux.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/secretbox/




You are going to need to watch it, to assemble this box. All I have done is make an svg file of the parts needed to assemble the box. That is so you don't have to measure and cut all those odd shaped pieces of card stock.  There are four 12x12 mats of items to cut.



 The first two mats are cut in the color of your box. It gives you the box and the drawers inside. The fold lines are dashed lines.  The third and forth screens give you the embellishments for the sides and top of the box. It gives you a circle, in which you can stamp and image. I chose to cut out some snowflakes from the scal winter library built into scal and place them in the circle. You need strong glue(or scor tape...or I used my krylon sticker maker after I was halfway done). I like Aleene's quick dyr tacky glue for box construction. You can see some of my panels/embellishments are not sticking very well. That is where I used a glue stick.

I hope you will tackle this box now. There are some great examples in the tutorial. Enjoy!

By the way, I tested this in Sure Cuts A lot, sometimes mtc doesn not work right with the inkscape files. Eyeball and see if it looks right, before cutting.


LINK TO FILE

Download MTC Version of svg

4 mtc project files READY TO CUT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive