Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, February 9, 2012

SSIC and WAW Valentine blog hop

Welcome to the Valentine Blog Hop where "It is all about love... HIS love." The Stampin' Sisters in Christ and our sister site, Word Art Wednesday, are joining together for a hop in celebration of love. If you came to my blog from Karen L's blog then you are in the right order if you haven't you might want to head to the start of this hop at the Word Art Wednesday blog.

In celebration of Valentine's Day, this hop is all about love - God's love! Besides all the LOVE-ly eye candy you will see on this hop in the way of cards/projects, we'd like to share the love by offering prizes to our hoppers as well, so be sure to leave comments on each stop along the way!! There is a "Grand Prize" of this complete SU! Stamp set called "Cute by the Inch" donated by the lovely Vicki of The Stamping Room (you can also visit her Stampin' Up page.)




In order to qualify for the Grand Prize Drawing, you simply need to leave a comment on each blog on the hop list. We will announce the Grand Prize winner as well as the winner of our prize here on our blog the afternoon of Tuesday, February 14.

There are several other fun prizes to be won along the way on some of the Designers' blogs as you make your way through the Hop.





As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. John 15:9
What stood out to me when I read this verse was the last part… REMAIN IN MY LOVE. The image that came to my mind was a big old tree with its roots going down deep into the ground. When I was young I moved quite a few times. I had hoped to settle down, but since my husband I got married we have moved 8 times. We have lived at our current location for 6 years now and it finally feels like we are putting down roots. For many years I would pack our Christmas ornaments as if I was packing them for moving (to save time having to pack them later). I remember the first year that I just put them back in a box with out the extra wrapping. In an ever changing world what a wonderful thought to be rooted, secure, hanging on, persisting, dwelling, waiting, surviving, continuing … REMAINING in Jesus’ love.





When I started making this card, I started with different paper and a different layout, but the card had a mind of it's own. The dogwood blossoms are a sneak peek at a Mark's Finest Papers set called DOGWOOD BLOSSOMS that will be released next week. Make sure you drop back by my blog next week for the Mark's Finest Papers blog hop. I did paper tole technique on the flowers and then I sprayed them with champagne paint spray. The centers of the flowers is drops of glue that were colored after the glue dried.






This song is one of my favorites. I know it will bless your heart as it does mine.





Now head off to Karen C 's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive