Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April's Box

April 5th is my sister April's birthday. I made this box for her. It has 4 drawers and has an easel card on top. I used 1 John 4:7 as a reminder of God's love for us. I cuttlebugged the base of the easel card. I added some of my hand made paper roses. I added a Layers of Color butterfly. I filled each drawer with chocolate. I got the directions from Chris on her blog. I didn't have the same boxes, so I made origami boxes and made sleeves for them to make them like her matchboxes. The drawer pulls on my drawers are a simple little paper fastener. I wanted them to look fancy, so I painted them with pearl fingernail polish. I added some of my faux hot glue pearls. I felt like one of those Priceless commercials. I was calculating the cost to make the box including the chocolate and it was probably about $.75. Mailing it cost a bit more. I guess I'm just cheap. Maybe frugal is a better word. This was also for the Stampin Sister's in Christ Challenge to make love the theme of our projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive